Designamid profile of Onur Cobanli
STATEMENT OF ART:
Form follows utility.
OMC Design Studios
• Ph.D. in Design, Faculty of Design, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 2013.
• M.S. in Furniture Design, Faculty of Design, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 2009.
• B.S. in Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences and Administration,
Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey, (with honors), 2006.
• High School Eskişehir Anadolu Lisesi, Eskişehir, Turkey (with honors), 2002.
• Designer interm, Tokyo University of the Arts, Summer 2008.
Worked with Prof. Seichi Onobori on creating neo-traditional Japan inspired designs.
• Designer interm, xO-Design, Summer 2007.
Developed new products, recomended on engineering and provided design solutions.
• Business designer, OMC² Design Studios, 2006-Present.
Designs business, corporate communication schemas and advertisements models.
• Graphics designer, OMC² Design Studios, 2003-Present.
Worked in projects such as creating web pages, designing product packages or logos.
• Substitute web specialist, Bilkent University, Summer 2005.
Updated Bilkent University web site and worked on the future design of the site.
• Graphics designer intern, Turkuaz Media Press, Eskişehir, Turkey, 2001.
Designed page layouts, logos, booklets, business cards.
• Design Spirit Istanbul, 40 Designs, 40 Young Designers under 40, In collobration with Dream Design Factory (DDF) and Union of Industrial Designers of Turkey (ETMK), 2 April - 7 May, Istanbul.
• Middle-Anatolia Wood Products and Producers Association, Jury Grand Award in Bathroom Furniture Design Category, National Design for Export Competition 2010, Istanbul, Turkey.
• Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA), Rotary International.
• Homeart, April 2009, Istanbul
• Maison Française, April 2009, Istanbul
• New York Spaces Magazine, May 2009, New York
• Mercedes Magazine, Summer 2009, Istanbul
• Trendsetter Magazine, May 2009, Istanbul
• Turkish Building and Decoration Magazine, April-May 2009, Moscow
• The Designer Magazine, June 2009, London
• Deco Time, August & September 2009, Antalya
• AD, September 2009, Moscow
• Frame Magazine, September 2009, Istanbul
• TASARIM Magazine, September 2009, Istanbul
• South China Morning Post, 2 October 2009, HongKong
• HomeArt, November 2009, Istanbul
• House Beautiful, November 2009, Istanbul
• Maison Française, November 2009, Istanbul
• Forbes Life Magazine, December 2009, Istanbul
• Menzo Sports Magazine, January 2010, Brussels
• Evdeyiz Magazine, February - March - April 2010, Istanbul
• Arapgir Postası, 12 March 2010, Arapgir
• Bakış Gazetesi, 12 March 2010, Malatya
• Ming Pao Weekly, 13th May 2010, Hong Kong
• Radikal Gazetesi, Tasarım Eki, 4 April 2010, Istanbul
• Capital Optima Magazine, April 2010, Brussels
• AD - Architectural Digest, April 2010, Milan
• Banyo + Mutfak Magazine, April - May 2010, Istanbul
• Arredamento Mimarlik, May 2010, Istanbul
• Antik & Auktion Magazine, May 2010, Helsingborg
• Ryan Air Magazine, 16 May - 15 June 2010, United Kingdom
• Dergi Bilkent, 1st Half 2010, Ankara
• Brain Power Magazine, July 2010, China
• Default Magazine, June 2010, Istanbul
• Architect and Interiors India, July 2010, Mumbai
• Generative Design using Design DNA, p.60, Generative Art, Proceedings of GA2009 XII Generative Art Conference, edited by Celestina Soddu, Domus Argenia Publisher, Italy, 2009. ISBN 978-88-966-1000-8.
• Design DNA Approach for Defining "Styles". Proceedings of INTED 2010 session of Pedagogical & Didactical Innovations. Learning and Teaching Methodologies, published and edited by L. Gomez, D. Marti, I. Candel et al., Spain, 2010. Proceedings ISBN 978-84-613-5538-9 & Abstracts 978-84-613-5536-5
• "RED, ROSSO, ROJO, Tectum", 2009 - ISBN 978-88-7906-767-6 (6 Pages)
• Professional Chess Player Certificate, National Youth Chess League, Turkey.
• Letter of Appreciation, Bilkent University (For organizations held by Classical Dances Club.)
Turkish, Italian, English, Japanese
Graphics/Modelling/Web Design Programs: Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Freehand, Adobe Photoshop, Ulead Gif Animator, Ulead Photo Impact, QuarkXPress, NewTek Lightwave
COURSES, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS::
• Brandmarker, Marketting for Individuals, Boğaziçi University, İstanbul, Turkey. 2008.
• Design for Mass-Production, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 2007.
• Innovative Product Design and Development Conference Series, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey. 2006.
• International Ceramics Symposium, Tacoma College, Seattle, United States. 2005.
• International Ceramics Symposium, Anadolu University, Eskişehir, Turkey. 2004.
SYMPOSIUMS AND ACADEMIC CONFERENCES::
• XII Generative Art Conference, 16-19 December 2009, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy.
• Ilkka Suppanen, Workshop 27-28 April 2010, Triennale, Milan, Italy.
• Kazuyo Komoda, Workshop 19-20 May 2010, Triennale, Milan, Italy.
• Matali Crasset, Workshop 19-20 July 2010, Triennale, Milan, Italy.
• Giulio Lacchetti, Workshop 5-6 October 2010, Triennale, Milan, Italy.
• Paola Ulian, Workshop 10-11 November 2010, Triennale, Milan, Italy.
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS:
ADI - Associazione per il Disegno Industriale
AOD - Association of Design
Design, Ceramics, Tango Dancing, Movies, Anime.
|Articles by This Author
Articles written by Onur Cobanli
||Finding the correct Size and Measure for Industrial Design
Biometry, Ergonomics and Morphology for Design. / FINDING THE CORRECT SIZE & MEASURE: BIOMETRY, ERGONOMICS & MORPHOLOGY FOR DESIGN
It is very important to use the correct dimensions and forms while designing industrial products. This artic ›
||Design Mega Store : Sell your Designs Concepts, Design Products and Design Services Online
Design Mega Store is the shopping mall for design. A super-market, a megastore for design, more like an outlet; designers and design studios can sell their products and services online. No middleman involved. Designers and design studios can sell pro ›
||20 Base Requirements for Online Publishing Platforms
Online Publishing Platforms are on the rise, but their usability is worse than ever. I would like to share, as a professional designer in the field, some insights about how new online publishing platforms should be made. Here I’m going to list a se ›
||20 Tips to Win Design Awards
Design Awards and Competitions are great for promotion, but they require more than just creativity to win them. Here are 20 strategies to become a design award winner, and have your designs labeled as award winning design.. / 1. Your Target: Perhaps ›
||The 20/80 Rule: How to Make a Good Design Presentation
How to impress clients, influence an award jury or inspire your professors with your designs presentation? . / In this article, I am going to talk about mainly industrial design presentations, but the same concepts and the theory can easily apply for ›
||How to find participants to join your design event?
This article explains ways and tips to find participants to join your design event.. / If you are working in an association, a community or an organization, you will one day organize an event such as a fair, an exhibition, a competition or an award, ›
||Finding sponsors for your design events
This article talks about how to find companies to sponsor for your design event and how to convince them join your side.. / It is usually hard to find sponsorship opportunities for your design events, especially in the times of economic turmoil, howe ›
||Highlight Your Designs by Being Bold
Has it happened to you that you have an idea, almost a perfect design idea which you design and add to your archives later to figure out that a very similar project has already been published and a designer has already been cited. Is this designer mo ›
||What is Advanced Design, Who is an Advanced Designer?
Today, the definition of a designer has become vague and wide, everyone is designer, everyone is an artist. Your neighbor is a food designer when she creates a cake! Your neighbors' little daughter is an origami designer, and your neighbors' ›
||History of Design Awards & Competitions
A Brief introduction & history of design awards and competitions; what is the first design competition organized, how did design competitions changed over the centuries? Read to learn.. / Early Periods: At first, the most dominant type of design ›
||Designer Rankings : World's Best Designers
Who is the best designer in the world? Which designer is the worlds' top designer? Checkout Designer Rankings.. / Normally, it is hard to tell who is the best designer in the world, mainly because the tastes of individual people can effect the p ›
||Are you an Award Loser? Learn how to become a Winner
Are you frustrated with joining design awards and competitions, spending your time and effort yet always getting nothing? Don't be.. / If you have joined design awards and competitions but had never won any design awards, you might be questionin ›
||Design & Designer Interviews
Do you want to know how some designers come up with incredible their design ideas? Then read the designer interviews.. / Design-Interviews.com is a unique website that publishes interviews with only award winning designers. The designers are asked se ›
||Award Winning Designs
Introducing a free platform that shares only the award winning designs.. / The AwardedDesigns.com is an initiative by A' Design Awards and competitions to advertise and publicize winning designs. Different than sharing the winners at a standard ›
||Which advertising and communicative materials to distribute in a Trade Fair? What is kept and what is thrown?
You could distribute literally anything. But what works? What does not? Here are few insights we gathered during the latest Milan Design Week.. / Tradefairs, shows, events, these are the places where you would want to reach people, and where you want ›
||EAN13 Product Barcodes Explained in Detail with Restrictions Standards and Dimensions
Learn how to prepare an EAN-13 Barcode (Product Barcode for European standards) to place on your products. Read more to learn all the facts you need to know about EAN-13 barcodes. . / This article has especially been written for packaging designers w ›
||How to Use Design Award Winner Logos
If you win a decent design competition, you should be generally granted a right to use their award winning design logo or design award winners' logo, this article explains how to use these these logos to get the most out of your award winning pr ›
||Coinnovation: Coin-novation and Co-innovation through design competitions and contests
This article discusses the usage of design competitions and contests as a tool to derive and form co-innovation among designers. / Have you ever joined a design competition where everyone can see your entry even before the results are announced? Here ›
||How to Sell your Designs Concepts, Design Products and Design Services at Design Mega Store
This article describes how to use the design mega store, i.e. how to upload and sell your designs.. / Design Mega Store is a marketplace for selling design products, design services, artworks and other related products and services. Think it like a s ›
||How to derive Products from Services; How to Offer Services as Products to Reach Mass Markets
This article explains how you could convert services into products so that you could reach a wide range-of end-users.. / Products sell easier than services to the mass; because they are clear to understand, easy to compare and purchase. This article ›